For more than 90 years, Caterpillar has been the world's leading manufacturer of construction and mining equipment and tools, diesel and natural gas engines, industrial gas turbines, and diesel electric locomotives. You can find our customers in virtually every corner of the world, and we realize that our success comes directly from helping our customers succeed.
Cat has created a new kind of tool. Military grade steel - patented design features - a new standard of tools. The Cat Tools range carries the Caterpillar heritage with robust materials combined with practical innovations and ergonomic design.
Built on solid foundations
These tools incorporate state-of-the-art features and are tested for the latest consumer knowledge. The result is a robust and durable range of tools designed to exceed expectations. More than just the tools you need - these are the tools, which you want.
No other construction brand is found in the Top 100 charts of success, but Cat does - again and again and again.
- the most admired company
- most valuable brand
- best global brand
- 1886 Benjamin Holt builds his first combine harvester in Stockton, California
- 1921 CL Best produces the best 30-track tractor
- 1925 Holt Manufacturing Company and CL Best Tractor Co. are merged to form Caterpillar Tractor Co
- 1937 Caterpillar machines help complete construction of Golden Gate Bridge
- 1951 Caterpillar introduces the first self-propelled tractor scraper
- 1962 Several Caterpillar machines help to expand sections of the Panama Canal
- 1972 Caterpillar introduces first hydraulic excavator (Model 225)
- 1985 Caterpillar introduces the first backhoe loader (Model 416)
- 1993 300 Caterpillar machines help build the Three Gorges Dam in China
- 2001 Caterpillar introduces ACERT® engine technology
- 2018 Caterpillar launches the world's first high-powered dozer - the Cat® D6 XE